Tuesday 2 October 2007

Shattered

Director: Mike Barker
Country: Canada/UK

Abby (Maria Bello) and Randall (Gerard Butler) are the perfect couple whose lives are unexpectedly placed in a roller-coaster ride after a mysterious man (played in a very creepy performance by Pierce Brosnan) kidnaps their daughter, threatening to cut her off from her parents unless they do exactly as he says.

This was a really solid thriller. The acting was good, and the script was very tightly written. I was on the edge of my seat for much of the second act, and that doesn't often happen, so it gets a lot of respect points for that. My only complaint was issues with the projecting about two thirds of the way into the movie. It was very distracting, and I honestly don't believe it to be intentional by the director (if it was, it was a pretty bad choice).

Shattered is a great film experience for lovers of the thriller, and is one movie that I highly recommend.

Q&A: It's typical that the first film I attend which has a Q&A session at the end also turns out to be the first film in which I have to rush to my next film. Therefore, I missed the Q&A with the director and the writer of the movie.

No comments: